It’s been over a month since I’ve posted here. Several things are going on.
The agent I’ve been working with has kept me busy with several assignments.
Here are a few illustrations from the last project. I was really happy with
the way these kids turned out. I did 12 finished illustrations over the
Labor Day weekend. Fun eh?
These were done a bit differently than a few of my recent posts. The
sketches were done on plain paper and scanned in. After getting approval I
changed the opacity level to 10% in the layers menu and printed it out on
smooth Bristol using my trusty Epson Pixma 1500. This time I used just
gouache for the bulk of the work. Followed up with some fine detail work
using a terra cotta and then black verithin colored pencil. Finally I went
though with white for the highlights.
One of the differences with these illustrations is that I used a very light tone throughout and it made a big difference. My illustrations tend to get dark at times so it’s nice to make some progress. I look forwardto applying it in my fine arts as well.
This is for a project earlier in the month called “Squid attack” All the cool kids are doing squids attacking whales so if you haven’t done yours get on the stick.